Motorcycle Repair/About A Quart Of Oil Came Out

Hi Southeast Johnny

I believe you helped me out awhile ago ~ and it was GOOD.

Now I have an 1985 H-D Electra Glide Classic.
Its been on battery tender for awhile. I hadn't ridden it for about 6 wks. I bought the new.

Johnny, I figure I just start it and she fired up after about 2 tries. I shut the engine and low and
behold under bike was ABOUT A QUART OF OIL.
I have an iron filter coming out of the bike on the bottom.

I put a pan under to bike today and started it up and NO OIL ! She runs smooth like nothing was

What the heck is going on Johnny ?
GOD bless you and yours
Ray M.

It's called oil sumping, oil goes past the oil pump check valve and puts engine oil into the bottom end of the crank case. When you start the bike the oil come out of the crank case breather hose, causing oil to go all over the floor. Just ride the bike about 10 miles and then check the oil, add as needed.

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny

All Harley Davison bikes 1984 till 2013

44 years qith Harley davidson

Chicago Southside johnnys Hi performance Dyno tuning and custom maping 114 N Pacific ave San Pedro Ca. 90731 562_666_6062

Harley womwns magazine. Hot Bike mag, out law biker mag, supercycle mag, Too meny to list

Macter PhD technition, Dynojet owner and trained technition