Motorcycle Repair/cb175 crankshaft taper

hi bill; im fitting an electronic ignition system to my 1972 Honda cb175 k6; and need to modify a rotor to fit on the end of the crankshaft; my question is do you know what the taper is on the crankshaft end [in degrees].... many thanks..roy

Roy, sounds like a good idea especially if you are racing the bike, but I'm afraid you will just have to pop the rotor off and measure it yourself. Not a question I have had to answer before and I don't have any examples around here to try to gauge. Sorry I can't assist with that particular question.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.