Motorcycle Repair/Jets on cb350g

Question
I am rebuilding carbs ( 772A ) on a 1973 CB350G that i just bought. The cycle sat for many years with 7500 miles on it. The Jets I removed were Pri. #68 - 2nd #105 - slow #35. My shop manual states, Pri. #78 - 2nd #105--slow #35. The rebuild kits seem to very on sizes. Could you tell me what the right jets are for this cb350g ? Also is there anything different between the cb350 engine and the cb350G engine?

Answer
Donald,  The jets you removed from the stock carbs are correct for that application.

Keyster's rebuild kits don't reflect the fact that there are numerous calibrations for these carburetors and prefer to go with one size fits all, which is unfortunate.

The CB/CL350 engines are all basically the same. Only the SL350s have different camshafts and cylinder heads that make them create a different powerband and those have 24mm slide carbs anyway.

The G model just refers to the disc brake front end used on that last year model. Otherwise, they are mechanically the same and use the same engine parts.

I don't see any specs that use a #78 primary main jet, only a couple with #70 instead. Shop manuals have been known to have typos and other errors in them.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver