Motorcycle Repair/CB200 1976

I am fitting a new condenser to my HONDA CB 200 and it has two blue wires, could you please advise which one goes to the points and which one goes to the coil.
The existing one has been soldered and has no bullet connections as a guide.
On the new condenser one lead is longer than the other.It hasn't arrived yet but is a genuine Honda one.
Your help is appreciated.
Best regards, John.

John, the condenser is just a bridge between the two components, so electrically it doesn't matter which one connects to which item.

see  for CB200T wiring diagram.

From what I see one lead connector has a black sleeve on it, which is probably for heat protection from being next to the cylinder head going to the points.  Again, it doesn't make any difference electrically. Which ever leads fit up toward the components will be the right one.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.