Motorcycle Repair/Yamaha 350 Carb

Hello. I purchased a new carb for my Sons 2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 (2wd) It has been running rich to the point that it bogs downs, and has gas spraying out into the airbox during full throttle. I adjusted the air/fuel mixture screw to the lean side, but no matter where I put it, the problem still happens. Any Ideas? Here is a link to the exact carb I bought.

First I would check the Main jet in your Old Set compare it to the new sets main jet.
Then it could also be the fuel level in the bowl. Check the fuel level.
You might also check the jet needle to see if it is adjustable.
The adjustable jet needles have a E-clip and several notches on them.
The E-clip can be moved from notch to notch to raise or lower the jet needle.
Lowering the jet needle by raising the e-clip will lessen the Fuel in the AFR.
AFR (air to fuel ratio).

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.