Motorcycle Repair/1982 CBX

Question
QUESTION: Good day,

Tell me if you heard this one before...

I have a CBX that I started to restore a while back and I need help. I am in the military and had friends with knowledge when we started this project but as always we got based at different places. Now I have a bike that still needs to be put back together and am wondering if there is anyone in the Columbus, OH area that has the requisite knowledge or guidance to help.

Thank you for your time and any assistance or direction is much appreciated.

Jason

ANSWER: I'm in Johnstown, Ohio.  Where in Cbus are you?  How far was it taken apart?

Jan

QUESTION: Gahanna (east of Columbus). Frame was powder coated by itself (totally disassembled), engine is on an engine stand with transmission, carbs redone and wrapped up. Head taken off. Physically speaking the bike is back together enough that it looks like it just needs to have engine installed and drive away.

I know this is a bit rambling but not certain where to start in answering your question. I could probably send pictures.

Answer
So you need the engine putting back together, and putting back into the frame?

What is your budget for getting this done, or do you want to do this yourself?  Do you have the manual?  Not many people in Columbus with knowledge about the CBX...  Jim Zemanek in Cincinatti may be the best option if you want to get it done.  I do not have time for an extra project right now.

Jan

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda