Motorcycle Repair/1980 Harley rotary top transmission

Hello mike.. Hve issue with my rotary top shifting, 1st and second ok and then at random no third and fourth gear? Linkage travel only like its a 2 speed ? Has happened twice in last 2000 miles. bike was rode hard been trying to get most of the demons out dealing with this now.. Been running heavy lube in it may be adding to issue?? Any input would be helpful .. Thank you for your time

About the only thing is you are going to have to pull the tranny and do an inspection. It could be a finger roller that is bad or a bend shifter fork. The shifter cam might be worn and need replaced. Without tearing it apart its really hard to tell

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!