Motorcycle Repair/1980 Harley rotary top transmission

Question
Hello mike.. Hve issue with my rotary top shifting, 1st and second ok and then at random no third and fourth gear? Linkage travel only like its a 2 speed ? Has happened twice in last 2000 miles. bike was rode hard been trying to get most of the demons out dealing with this now.. Been running heavy lube in it may be adding to issue?? Any input would be helpful .. Thank you for your time

Answer
About the only thing is you are going to have to pull the tranny and do an inspection. It could be a finger roller that is bad or a bend shifter fork. The shifter cam might be worn and need replaced. Without tearing it apart its really hard to tell
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells