Motorcycle Repair/1983 Honda nighthawk cb650sc

How do I remove and replace the breather on the final drive unit?

Hello Raymond,

The breather cap is pressed in place and if it is rusted, it will be hard to remove.

You'll have to use heavy duty "alligator" pliers, grab the cap firmly, turn left and right and simultaneously pull up.

The new one can be installed by tapping with a mallet, but take care not to damage or deform it.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.