Motorcycle Repair/1984 honda ascot

I had a left turn rear signal replaced at local shop, using OEM part.  when i picked up the bike, the tail light was not working.  The garage treated it as a new problem, however the tail light was working when i left the bike. Is it more likely something happened putting the turn signal in, rather than the the tail just stopped working at that moment?
Thanks in advance

Gene, The bundle of wires at the back fender has several wires, including ground wires that need to be plugged in securely. In the process of switching out the turn signal assembly, you have to go right into that bundle of connectors to replace the wiring connections. The turn signals and tail light wiring is all at the same place. Unless the bulb suddenly burned out, I suspect that the wiring for the tail light was disturbed and there is probably a loose connection in there.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.