Motorcycle Repair/QUESTION /2002 suzuki dr200SE

Question
Yes I have a 2002 dr 200 when I START HER UP IT IMMEDEATLY GOES INTO HIGH REV AND I HAVE TOO SHUT HER DOWN OR SHELL BLOW I TOOK THE CARB OFF CLEANED IT PUT IT BACK ON SHE DID THE SAME THING? dO THESE BIKES HAVE A HISTORY FOR THIS PROBLEM?

Answer
DR200carb
DR200carb  
Hello Scott,

No DR has such problem history.

When did this problem came up? Just out of the blue by itself, or, after some work done or a minor accident, like fall of the side stand?

When you removed the carburettor, did you check the free play of the throttle cable?
Do you feel any free play at the throttle grip?

Does the carburettor butterfly (see picture) stop against the throttle stop (idle) screw?

Could you take a close-up picture of the left side of the carburettor, as it is on the bike (like the one I uploaded) and let me see?

Most probably, something prevents the throttle from closing to idle position.

Best Regards,
Lazaros.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis