Motorcycle Repair/1970 Honda SL350 K0

Question
Hi Bill,
I have a 1970 Honda SL350. The frame and the title both state the motorcycle was built 1/1970. The engine has the model listed as SL350E. Can you tell me what the E stands for? I also want to know if you can tell me if it is a K0?  It does have a steering stabilizer. I am also rebuilding the carburetors and the only marking I can find on the carburetors is SL3A which I have not seen before. I bought two kits, the first one is KH-1223 but it did not come with the imulsion tubes. It came with a 70 jet and when I asked about it I was told I would have to use the 70 jet because they don't make 68s anymore.  I had to buy the second kit #25-90336 because of the parts not included in the first, but it also came with a 70 jet. The second kit says it is for CL350 or CB350L 70-73.  I was wondering if you know if the jets and imulsion tubes from the second kit will work in the carbs I have. If you need more information from me please let me know.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Answer
Steve, Honda marks all engines with E serial numbers to differentiate them from the frame numbers.

Only the 350K0 models had the CB/CL series CV carburetors (SL3A) with primary/secondary main jets.

According to my specs the K0 carbs have a #70/105 main jet set with #35 idle jet. Set floats at 26mm.

There are numerous other calibrations for CB/CL350 carburetors and sometimes the a/m kits do not have the correct combos.

1/70 build date would be a SL350K0 model.

The second kit is listed for round bowl carburetors, but I think the emulsion tubes are not the same as they have different part numbers between round and square bowl versions. Compare your new/old parts to verify.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver