Motorcycle Repair/1970 Honda SL350 K0

Hi Bill,
I have a 1970 Honda SL350. The frame and the title both state the motorcycle was built 1/1970. The engine has the model listed as SL350E. Can you tell me what the E stands for? I also want to know if you can tell me if it is a K0?  It does have a steering stabilizer. I am also rebuilding the carburetors and the only marking I can find on the carburetors is SL3A which I have not seen before. I bought two kits, the first one is KH-1223 but it did not come with the imulsion tubes. It came with a 70 jet and when I asked about it I was told I would have to use the 70 jet because they don't make 68s anymore.  I had to buy the second kit #25-90336 because of the parts not included in the first, but it also came with a 70 jet. The second kit says it is for CL350 or CB350L 70-73.  I was wondering if you know if the jets and imulsion tubes from the second kit will work in the carbs I have. If you need more information from me please let me know.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Steve, Honda marks all engines with E serial numbers to differentiate them from the frame numbers.

Only the 350K0 models had the CB/CL series CV carburetors (SL3A) with primary/secondary main jets.

According to my specs the K0 carbs have a #70/105 main jet set with #35 idle jet. Set floats at 26mm.

There are numerous other calibrations for CB/CL350 carburetors and sometimes the a/m kits do not have the correct combos.

1/70 build date would be a SL350K0 model.

The second kit is listed for round bowl carburetors, but I think the emulsion tubes are not the same as they have different part numbers between round and square bowl versions. Compare your new/old parts to verify.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.