Motorcycle Repair/87 Yamaha Ventura Royal Speedometer

Iím still working on this bike and the brake issue is fixed I believeÖ thanks for your help on that.  I am trying to figure out how to remove the speedometer.  Itís not working and either needs repaired or replaced.  I only see four screws on the plastic cover over the speedometer and I loosened them, but I canít get the cover off and donít want to break it.  My manual is no help.  Can you tell me how or send me a link with pictures or something.  Thank you.

Hello Robert,

As it is complicated to guide you through the procedure, here is a link to a video on youtube:

Hopefully it will help.
The author has a different problem, but shows how to remove the instrument panel.

Best of luck...

P.S. I am not the author nor the owner of the video.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.