Motorcycle Repair/KLE500 Charging Problem

Question

I have a 2005 KLE500 and recently it run out of battery. I replaced it with a new one, but two days later it was dead again.
Now I charge the battery, it holds for two days and goes low again.
I measured the charging voltage and it doesn't make any sense.
It shows 14,5v then drops to 13 , then 12,6 back to 14+ then low again. Measurements taken at steady 3000rpm. Please help.

Answer
KLE500_ROTOR
KLE500_ROTOR  
Hello Elias,

First, check the battery terminals for looseness and/or bad contact due to oxidation, grease or pole protection substance.

Next, disconnect the three yellow wire connector, placed over the final drive sprocket cover.
Measure resistance between pairs of wires, engine side. Every yellow wire with each of the other two. Resistance should be 0,3 to 0,5 Ohm.

For last I saved the most probable failure.
Remove the two plugs on the left engine cover, and using a flash-light look through the timing inspection hole, while turning the crankshaft clockwise.
You will see the rotor magnets, which, almost for sure will look like the photo's.

It is a problem that sooner or later shows-up on all KLE's.

If you need more instructions don't hesitate to get back to me.

Best Regards,
Lazaros.

P.S. : If it comes to rotor removal, pay attention to it's bolt. It is left-hand thread.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis