Motorcycle Repair/Honda 160

Question
I was given a Honda 160. Frame #B160 1003759 and engine # B160E-1004087. Is this a CBS? Where would I find books , manuals or websites for this bike. It's all there, it just hasn't been started since 1975. I was given this bike from the original owner. Thank you for your help.

Answer
Bill, your bike is an early version CB160 Sport 160 model.

http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0160/sport160.htm

The F160 yahoo site is for racers who use CB160/175 machines exclusively for road racing.

The CL160 is the same basic machine apart from cosmetics and there was a "D" kit CB160 which had a Scrambler kit installed at the factory, as the CBs were not selling as well as Scrambler models back then.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/11/10/cb160-workshop-manual/

Hardest parts to source these days are the OEM stock mufflers.

For reasons not explained, the CB 160, CL160 and CA160 models had A160, B160 and L160 serial numbers for most of the model run.

eBay sellers have a lot of parts for these bikes. The other model name for the bike is CB96. The "base model is a CB93, product codes 216(125) and 217 (160), when you are looking for OEM parts.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver