Motorcycle Repair/Honda 160

I was given a Honda 160. Frame #B160 1003759 and engine # B160E-1004087. Is this a CBS? Where would I find books , manuals or websites for this bike. It's all there, it just hasn't been started since 1975. I was given this bike from the original owner. Thank you for your help.

Bill, your bike is an early version CB160 Sport 160 model.

The F160 yahoo site is for racers who use CB160/175 machines exclusively for road racing.

The CL160 is the same basic machine apart from cosmetics and there was a "D" kit CB160 which had a Scrambler kit installed at the factory, as the CBs were not selling as well as Scrambler models back then.

Hardest parts to source these days are the OEM stock mufflers.

For reasons not explained, the CB 160, CL160 and CA160 models had A160, B160 and L160 serial numbers for most of the model run.

eBay sellers have a lot of parts for these bikes. The other model name for the bike is CB96. The "base model is a CB93, product codes 216(125) and 217 (160), when you are looking for OEM parts.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.