Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/is it head on or sideswipe

motorcycle going round left bend
car comming other way over line
bike and car make contact
bike front wheel ok damage to h/bar slight bend headlap screen damaged
crashbar ripped off and exhaust pet tank damage
car damage driver side head light glass broken still in place as is indicator
front wing & wheel servear damage drivers door and side of car dents and scratches after bike and rider slide down side of car
angle off collision approx 30 degrees or less

I would  suggest that a loss of pressure  in the tyres is the least of your worries. The tyres could lose pressure for any number of reasons in that  situation. They could have been low to begin with in the cold weather, losing pressure as they warmed up as the bike was driven. They could have slid on the rim as you braked, there are numerous reasons. If you are concerned that they could have contributed to the collision, You may well be right.
I would just be thankful you are alive and use the experience as a lesson.

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Andrew Booth

Motorcycle safety in the UK and providing links to safety organisations in the UK. I can also advise on road safety issues and some areas of road safety law in the UK although I can only offer guidelines, there is no substitute for a qualified legal advisor. Please do NOT ask me questions of a mechanical nature as I will be unable to answer. I am not a mechanic, I am a road safety advisor.

I was a Gold Star Riding instructor in the eighties until a serious accident nearly cost me my life. I have been active in road safety for over ten years in the UK and have had success in having road safety measures implemented in various areas, mainly around our local schools. I have ridden motorcycles of all sorts (from GT750 waterbus to CB250 dream) since the late 70's and prefer four stroke road bikes, my favourite was my old CB750F. two strokes are too noisy, off-road bikes are impractical in this part of the UK. I now ride a 23year old Suzuki GSX600 (Teapot)

NABD. (National Association for Bikers with a Disability - Patrons; Suzy Perry, Billy Connolly) Ridesafe Backsafe M.A.G. NEBOSH

Local and regional newspapers.

RoSPA/Gold star rider. C&G in Commercial; and Domestic Electrical Installation.

Gold Star Riding certificate. (Now part of RoSPA)

Wigan MBC Ridesafe Backsafe Brake