Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/motorcycle limits

Which motorcycle will handle total weight off 350kg friends
weight = 150kg + wife = 155kg + luggage = app. 350kg .
a possible touring motorcycle .
Mark Groep

This is a difficult question to answer without knowing some additional information. For example, a motorcycle that would have a carrying capacity of 350kg would be a significant size motorcycle. You didn't mention the level of riding experience you possess. A motorcycle such a Honda Goldwing or a one of the large cruisers such as a Harley Davidson or Victory requires a fair amount of rider experience to become accustomed to maneuvering it in a variety of traffic conditions.

I am not familiar with the motorcycle market and which bikes are readily available and serviceable in your country. I suggest you visit several motorcycle dealers and ask a lot of questions. Also, sit on every motorcycle that you and the dealer determine will suit your criteria. Make certain the controls are comfortable for you to operate and that the bike affords you comfort that you sustain while riding for an extended period of time. It is import that the motorcycle fit the rider. If you are riding in discomfort, you are not as able to keep your concentration on the roadway.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more definitive response but I hope I have given you some information you can use when you visit a motorcycle dealership.

Please let me know how you make out and ask meany further questions as you continue your search for a motorcycle.

Thank you for the question. Gook Luck and Ride Safely.

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety, Motorcycle Rider Training, Motorcycle Driver Licensing and Inspections, Motorcycle Touring

Retired in 2008 from the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission where I held various positions, most notably as Director of Inspections and Licensing and the State Administrator for the Motorcycle Safety Education Program. During that time I served with the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)as Region 1 Chair and Vice-Chair of the Engineering and Vehicle Inspection committee and member of the Task Force on Altered Height Vehicles and various other committees for 20 plus years. Currently, President of Central Jersey Rider Training, Inc. an MSF and NJMVC approved training provider. I starting riding at an early age and have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years.

State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA) Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) Citizens Academy Alumni Association

Motorcycle Consumer News - March and April, 2009 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Technical Paper on The Effect of Tire Rolling Radius on Pedal Force Gain and Rollover Propensity of a Light-Duty Truck

Currently hold a MSF RiderCoach certification. Certified Public Manager certification from Rutgers University.