Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/16 year old motorcycle endorsment

Question
I know to best way to get a motorcycle perment and eventualy endorsment is to take to motorcycle driving class but can I get the permit at 16 by just taking to test and if so how dificoult is the test and what does it consist of ?
Thanks
Luke

Answer
Luke,

I am not familiar with the licensing requirements in Colorado. Every states has different requirements and qualifications such as age, course mandates, and limitations on practice riding. I searched the internet and found this website for the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1190796317325

At age 16 most if not all states require parental/guardian permission to obtain a permit, license or enroll in a training course.

The training course is designed for participants who have little to no previous riding experience. The state written and road tests are usually very close in nature to the MSF training course requirements.

I highly recommend that you take the training course as soon as you are permitted by Colorado regulations.

Good luck and please ride safely and wear the best protective gear you can.

Thank you for the questions. If you proceed with obtaining your license please send me a quick note to let me know how you are doing.

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright