Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/16 year old motorcycle endorsment

I know to best way to get a motorcycle perment and eventualy endorsment is to take to motorcycle driving class but can I get the permit at 16 by just taking to test and if so how dificoult is the test and what does it consist of ?

I am not familiar with the licensing requirements in Colorado. Every states has different requirements and qualifications such as age, course mandates, and limitations on practice riding. I searched the internet and found this website for the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles.

At age 16 most if not all states require parental/guardian permission to obtain a permit, license or enroll in a training course.

The training course is designed for participants who have little to no previous riding experience. The state written and road tests are usually very close in nature to the MSF training course requirements.

I highly recommend that you take the training course as soon as you are permitted by Colorado regulations.

Good luck and please ride safely and wear the best protective gear you can.

Thank you for the questions. If you proceed with obtaining your license please send me a quick note to let me know how you are doing.

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety, Motorcycle Rider Training, Motorcycle Driver Licensing and Inspections, Motorcycle Touring

Retired in 2008 from the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission where I held various positions, most notably as Director of Inspections and Licensing and the State Administrator for the Motorcycle Safety Education Program. During that time I served with the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)as Region 1 Chair and Vice-Chair of the Engineering and Vehicle Inspection committee and member of the Task Force on Altered Height Vehicles and various other committees for 20 plus years. Currently, President of Central Jersey Rider Training, Inc. an MSF and NJMVC approved training provider. I starting riding at an early age and have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years.

State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA) Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) Citizens Academy Alumni Association

Motorcycle Consumer News - March and April, 2009 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Technical Paper on The Effect of Tire Rolling Radius on Pedal Force Gain and Rollover Propensity of a Light-Duty Truck

Currently hold a MSF RiderCoach certification. Certified Public Manager certification from Rutgers University.