Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/alternator

Question
hi i own a honda shadow 1100 ace tourer 2000 and i want to install 2 fog lamps on it i would want to know if the alternator will be enough powerfull for use on highway and also in city riding,the bulbs are 50 watts each the battery is a 16 amps and alternator is .329kw at 5000 rpm   ,thank you very much

Answer
Pierre,

Thank you for the question. I am not an expert in motorcycle electrical systems. I suggest that you look on a forum dedicated to the Honda Shadow 1100. It has been my experience that the forums dedicated to a specific make and model motorcycle have some very knowledgeable and helpful members on the forums.

I also suggest that since you are correctly concerned with the electrical draw the fog lights will place on the motorcycle's charging system that you consider LED lamps. The newest LED lamps provide a very good amount of light and require significantly less power.

I'm sorry I could provide you with a more comprehensive reply. I hope I have been able to direct you toward obtaining some valuable advice from the forum.

Ride Safe,
Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright