Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/Two Wheeler Motorcycle Training Schools.

We see very few (Hardly) Two Wheeler viz Motorcycles, Bikes, Scooters etc Training Schools as compared to many 4 wheeler viz Cars, Jeeps, Trucks, Buses etc Motor training schools.

What could be the primary reason for this ?.

Do you feel the Two Wheeler Motorcycle Training School Business
will not flourish as compared to 4 Wheeler Motorcycle Training Schools ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant,

Thank you for the question. It is my experience that driving schools exist to fill only the demand in proportion to that demand. For example, truck or bus driving schools exist to fill the need to supply drivers. Many company in the US have difficulty finding truck and bus drivers. At times when unemployment is high, more people look toward a career driving as a means to earn a living.

The automobile driving schools are mostly supported by young, first time drivers. Many states or insurance companies either require proof of a driving course or economic incentives for passing such a course.

Motorcycle training in most US states is voluntary and is offered to individuals as an alternative to the state sponsored testing programs. The motorcycle trainers will teach people to ride and also administer the state required licensing tests.

Often the question of mandating motorcycle training arises. It is my belief as a motorcycle trainer that the current classes are filled with individuals who have elected to take part in the class. If the class were mandated we would have students who are only in the classes because they were compelled to be there. As you can imagine they would not be as enthusiastic participants as those who desired to be in the class.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you,
Tom Wright

Thank you.

Do you feel the Key element for success to this Business would be keeping different varieties of the Motorcycles viz TVS Scooty, Bajaj Pulsar, Enfield Bullet etc

i.e. Different Motorcycles Models from Different Manufacturers viz scooter, bike, luna, mopet etc which will offer a variety to the consumers who would like to learn 2- wheelers ?.

The Training cost will vary from vehicle to vehice a consumer would like to learn a 2 wheeler.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I apologize for the delay in responding. I did not see your follow up questions.

I am not familiar with the brands and models of motorcycles and scooters you reference but since the basic principles are found on riding you could use the basic training with modifications for each unique model.

It will be beneficial if the customer understands that the training is directed toward their safety and riding skills.

Best of luck with your venture into this.

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety, Motorcycle Rider Training, Motorcycle Driver Licensing and Inspections, Motorcycle Touring

Retired in 2008 from the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission where I held various positions, most notably as Director of Inspections and Licensing and the State Administrator for the Motorcycle Safety Education Program. During that time I served with the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)as Region 1 Chair and Vice-Chair of the Engineering and Vehicle Inspection committee and member of the Task Force on Altered Height Vehicles and various other committees for 20 plus years. Currently, President of Central Jersey Rider Training, Inc. an MSF and NJMVC approved training provider. I starting riding at an early age and have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years.

State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA) Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) Citizens Academy Alumni Association

Motorcycle Consumer News - March and April, 2009 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Technical Paper on The Effect of Tire Rolling Radius on Pedal Force Gain and Rollover Propensity of a Light-Duty Truck

Currently hold a MSF RiderCoach certification. Certified Public Manager certification from Rutgers University.