Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/Illinois Motorcycle skills test

Question
Hello, I've had my Permit for a while now getting comfortable on my Honda Fury 1300cc The bike feels very comfortable to me at my size and build.

My question about the Illinois Riding test is The Dimensions of the 90 degree Corner part of the test. I don't have a DMV close that offers the test to go practice on so i was hoping to get the dimensions of the Corner part of test to Practice.

Thanks

Answer
Tyler,

I have found a couple references to measurements for the motorcycle skills test. It appears that Illinois uses the Alt MOST Test developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Here is a link to a website that gives a very good description of the test including the measurements.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-training/motorcycle-test/

Also, The Illinois Motorcycle Handbook describes the test starting on page 35.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_x140.pdf

In both cases you'll note there is a little extra turning space allowed on some exercises for larger displacement motorcycles such as your Honda Fury.

Another option is to enroll in the local MSF Basic Rider Course. Illinois is one of the states that will accept completion of the course to issue you a motorcycle endorsement to your drivers license.

Whichever route you decide to take, please be aware that obtaining your license is the first step in practicing your riding skills.

Thank you for the questions. I hope I was able to provide you with the information you need. Please let me know how the test goes for you.

Ride safe,
Tom Wright  

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright