Motorcycle Safety & Driveability/effect on bike performance when its rear tyre gaze changes

Very great day tom wright sir.sir I m ur fan as bike n tyre mechanism. Expert
I have hero rhonda 125cc glamour bike.its old rear tyre gaze is 3/18. N I got sleeped lot of times while driving on interior roads last 3yrs.that's why I wish to change its rear tyre gaze frm
3/18 to100/90/18.
Question:will I get right right decision? ,what will be the effect on my bike performance? Positive or negative?
         I m awaiting 4 ur valuable answer!
         Amol Hatnagar

I'm sorry I do not have any experience making the change in tyre size that you are contemplating.

I suggest you ask a dealer or knowledgeable person who owns the same type of motorcycle and has made that change. You are correct in checking with someone before making the change.

I'm sorry I could not give you a more complete response.

Ride Safe,
Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety & Driveability

Tom Wright

Motorcycle Safety, Motorcycle Rider Training, Motorcycle Driver Licensing and Inspections, Motorcycle Touring

Retired in 2008 from the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission where I held various positions, most notably as Director of Inspections and Licensing and the State Administrator for the Motorcycle Safety Education Program. During that time I served with the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)as Region 1 Chair and Vice-Chair of the Engineering and Vehicle Inspection committee and member of the Task Force on Altered Height Vehicles and various other committees for 20 plus years. Currently, President of Central Jersey Rider Training, Inc. an MSF and NJMVC approved training provider. I starting riding at an early age and have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years.

State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA) Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) Citizens Academy Alumni Association

Motorcycle Consumer News - March and April, 2009 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Technical Paper on The Effect of Tire Rolling Radius on Pedal Force Gain and Rollover Propensity of a Light-Duty Truck

Currently hold a MSF RiderCoach certification. Certified Public Manager certification from Rutgers University.