Movie Box Office/Humanimals? Old movie from 40's or 50's?

maleclair wrote at 2008-09-14 02:45:31
My dad hunted the name of this movie down for me as we couldn't remember the name either after we'd seen it on one of the classic movie networks.  You've got the plot pretty close... but it was actually the dog that was murdered and came back to track down his killer.  The title is "You Never Can Tell." It's a 1951 movie starring Dick Powell and Peggy Dow according to the Internet Movie Database

D wrote at 2008-09-19 23:08:54
I also saw this movie, probably 20 years ago.  I think it was on AMC, back when they were American Movie Classics.  Always wondered what it was.

monisher wrote at 2008-12-05 20:45:28
I also saw this movie and it was on television in the early 90's when I saw it.  I think at one point I emailed TCM to ask if they knew it and got an answer but I can't remember the name of the movie now.

dean wrote at 2009-04-28 17:06:59
I've been trying to find the same movie as well. I have been watching TCM for it. I remember it was a cute movie. The secretary was a horse who came back as a pretty blond. And I remember the term humanimal was coined. It was really interesting to find someone else looking for the same movie.

merri wrote at 2009-10-17 04:36:55
I just went on line after watching TCM because somehow this movie came into my mind.  I saw it with my mom on TV in the middle of the night once when I was sick.  I've never forgotten it, but I never thought I'd see it again.  I hope it shows up on TCM sometime.  I was a little girl that loved horses, so it really captured my imagination.  

I just googled 'old movie person horse' and found this site.  The internet is amazing!

colette7 wrote at 2010-08-11 06:36:12
I also saw this on TV in the early '90's. Same description as Cheryl -late 30's or early 40's to judge by the women's hair and fashion.

lorna wrote at 2013-10-07 14:36:12
I was looking for this movie also. It's a 1951 film called You can never tell.  Look on Youtube,thats where i found it and see if its the one you remember.

Movie Box Office

Charles White

Current Box Office Records. All Time Box Office Records. Records by Genre. Records of several countries. Records by Franchise. And anything that is related.

More than Twelve Years.

Communication and Cinema.