Moving Furniture/31" entrance to apartment.

Question
Hi, The entrance to my apartment is only 31" wide with the door removed, and 79" high. I was hoping to purchase this couch http://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/greenwich-sofa/pipinfo.html from Pottery Barn but am pretty sure it won't fit through my doorway.

What dimensions should I look for when purchasing a couch that will fit through this entrance?

Thank you!

Answer
Hello Julie,

Thanks for sending me the information on the sofa. Based on a straight shot in for this sofa and a definite sofa height of 34"............this sofa should fit through a 31" opening with proper angling. If the rear legs were removable, there would be no question at all. Personally, I do believe it will fit as long as the delivery people are experienced. It should not be a difficult fit. If it isn't a straight shot in, it could pose a problem depending on how tight the area is to maneuver in.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further info I should know about.

Thanks,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky