Moving Furniture/loveseat 66

QUESTION: can you tell me if a loveseat that is 66"W x 38"D x 40"H fit through a 29" door?

ANSWER: Hello Katie,

It really depends on the style of the loveseat. Normally a 40" sofa back height will not go through a 29" doorway. However, if there are back cushions and / or "rear" legs that are is very possible. The ideal sofa height should be LESS than 33". Do you think there are features like I stated that could be utilized? If you can, send me a link or picture of the loveseat.

Let me know what you can,

QUESTION: here is the link to the loveseat. Thanks for the fast response! This is an awesome resource!!!

Hi Katie,

Thanks for sending the sofa link. The 40" height should be to the top of the back cushions. If they are removed or compressed, the height should be lowered about 6" or so. I don't know if the rear legs are removable or not. If they are, it will make the angling through very easy otherwise it will be a bit snug. One important measurement you need to find out is the arm height from floor to ceiling. It needs to be LOWER than 29".

All in all I think it is doable as long as the arm height is ok. The sofa could be stood on end with the arms and seating area brought through first.  

Let me know your thoughts and if I can help you further.

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky

Moving your furniture. I would like to answer all questions dealing with the proper techniques of how to move ANY type of furniture, including difficult doorways and stairways. Also, all questions dealing with the proper packing of breakables including antiques. All general questions concerning the moving and storage industry will be answered. I cannot recommend a particular mover in a person`s neighborhood but i can explain how to obtain a company in good standing with the community. I have been in the moving and storage industry for almost four decades! I am located in Massachusetts.

I have almost four decades of experience in the moving & storage industry. When I was a small boy my father introduced me into the moving business and I have been hooked ever since. At first I started out as a young laborer untill I was old enough to drive a furniture van. As time went on I drove 18-wheelers around the country moving small shipments as well as large corporate relocations. I was taught the old school methods by men that were craftsman in their field. I learned how to pack the most delicate of breakables as well as museum pieces. It was common practice to do estimates and even the actual ratings on interstate jobs. Doing commercial moves were a big part of my moving career over the years. Some of the big names that I delt with were "GE","MICROSOFT","FIDELITY INVESTMENTS" AND "AMERICAN EXPRESS". As the years went by my family retired and sold the business (not my choice). I went on to establish my own moving company which ran for 12 years before I phased out the physical moving itself. Today I have developed a consulting service where I advise future furniture buyers as well as people moving for the first time on what to expect from their upcoming adventure. Furniture buyers are advised on what size furniture will fit through their narrow doorways and tight hallways. By choosing furniture with the right dimensions will narrow down the probability of the furniture being returned back to the store. That is not a scenario people want after waiting 8-12 weeks for their new furniture. I can also help people to understand the proper procedures of a first time move in their lives. I tell them what is to be expected,how they can save money,how to choose a good mover and what is involved with getting the packing done.

I have a FACEBOOK page for PRE-MOVE STRATEGIES. Please become a fan! I would like to have all people that I have helped to leave their comments on the FACEBOOK page.

I have a high school diploma from Swampscott High School............Swampscott, MA. Immediately after high school I entered the family business where I stayed for 20 years before moving on to my own business endeavors.