Moving Furniture/loveseat fit

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 36"x27.5"x51.5" loveseat and move it into a room that has a 27" width frame.  Do you think this will fit?

Thank you!

ANSWER: Hello Kevin,

I am assuming the height of the loveseat is 27.5"? It really depends on the style. Is it the type where the back is higher than the arms or is it the type where the arms and back are the same height? If it's the second type it will depend if the material can be compressed enough to "squeeze" it through. Most importantly........the arm height MUST BE LOWER than 27" on whatever type of sofa it is.

Let me know if this sounds right to you. Send me a picture of the sofa if possible.If the sofa has a height of 36"..............it will not fit.

Thanks,

Harry

QUESTION: Thank you, Harry, for your very prompt reply and helpful guidance.

The sofa I'm considering doesn't have arms; here is a link showing a photo of the loveseat (don't worry, I wouldn't order the lime green one ;-)).

ANSWER: Hi Kevin,

You forgot to include the sofa link.......lol  If the sofa has no arms, I do not see any major difficulties with getting it through. The loveseat can be stood on end with the back going through the doorway first then tuned. As far as I can see, you should be ok.

Any thoughts?

Harry

QUESTION: Hi Harry,

Wow, I wish I was as quick to respond to emails as you are.  Sorry about not including the link, here you go.

http://www.dcgstores.com/downlow-modern-loveseat.html?feed=Froogle&gclid=CIfO26n

I appreciate your continued help!

Kevin

Answer
Hi Kevin,

That is a cool looking couch!...lol I think if I sat in that I wouldn't be able to get up again. I don't see any problems with getting it in. It will need to be swung around the door frame as it goes through on end so there should be some space on the other side of the door opening to make the swing.

All in all you should be fine.

Keep me posted,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky