Moving Furniture/Couch through door.

I have a couch that is 37 inches wide, 37 inches tall on the back, and 25 inches tall on the front side. My doorway is 30 inches wide and 80 inches tall. I need to get it through the doorway, but up the stairs which are 8 inches tall and begin 8 inches from the doorway. The hallway is 37 inches also.  How can I get it through? If I can at all?

Hi Jennifer
Thank you for the pic But you forgot a couple of details. How long is the couch? Does the couch have legs that can be taken off? If so what is the height now? Is this a first floor second floor or third floor apt? Are there any turns going up to the stairs? If the legs come off thats a good start. We also need to know how high the ceiling is. Plus the width of the hallway before the doorway. Here is my e-mail if you would like to send me more pics.  I also disassemble and reassemble furniture. The cost for this is 225.00. Only if you really love the sofa. If not, start looking for smaller sofa then the door height and the arm height needs to be under 37 inches . My website is to take a look at what a disassembly is. Good Luck on whatever your choice you make

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few