Moving Furniture/How can I fit my couch through my door?

Question
Dimensions
Dimensions  
Hello, Harry. The couch is 33.5" high, 90.5" wide and 35.5" deep. The seat height is 18" and the arm height is 25.5". I don't think the legs are removable but I'm guessing the cushions are. My doorway is about 75.5" tall and 33" wide. A few other details that might be important is that one side of the doorway is right up against a wall both inside and outside the house. Which might not allow for much angling of the furniture along the horizontal plane.

Can this fit? If so, what steps are needed to pull this off as I'm planning to move this thing myself with two strong friends.

Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello Zach,

Thanks for including the diagram on the sofa. I wish I could make a diagram like that...lol If the sofa is going to have a straight path of carry, I DO NOT see any problems getting this sofa through the doorway. I would recommend placing a blanket over the back of the sofa to protect the fabric as it slides through the doorway........unless you aren't worried about that. Once the sofa is lifted by two people it needs to be tilted over at a 45 degree angle. In this position the front of the sofa is facing slightly to the floor and the "backside" of the sofa is facing slightly to the ceiling. You shouldn't run into any problems but if you are finding it is tight getting through as you start, raise the first end through and lower the other end near the floor but I don't think you will need to do this. Once the first "back" leg is through you will have lots of extra room for maneuvering till you get to the other "back" leg. Check the door frame and make sure there aren't any staples or nail heads that could snag the sofa back.

You should be in pretty good shape. Let me know if I can help you further.

Thanks,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky