Moving Furniture/King size headboard help

QUESTION: Hello, wondering if you can help to see if a king size headboard will fit up our 90 degree turn stairwell?  The stairwell leads to a loft like area.

The headboard measures 82"W x 54"H x 7"D

Without pictures it's a bit difficult to describe, but we have a low ceiling the first half of the turn then right as the 90 degree turn begins the ceiling is no longer an issue.   

We were thinking if we could get the headboard past the 90 degree turn we could hook it up into the loft like area without make an actual turn.

Not sure what information is needed.   Any guidance will help tremendously!!

ANSWER: Hello Garrick,

The only possible chance I can see is to stand the headboard completely vertically. It seems that you will need to start the angle of the turn then immediately up end it away from that "sloping ceiling". If you want to include a couple of pictures so I can get an idea, it would be great. Also, the backside of the headboard should face the turn so that the finish will get scratched. I am having my doubts about the maneuvering but the only chance is to get it vertical after that ceiling slope. It is similar to the size of a fullsize box spring (if there was one already up there).

Let me know if you can add anymore info. It might just come down to trying it because an inch of space could make the difference.

Keep me posted,

Start of stairwell
Start of stairwell  

90 degree turn
90 degree turn  
QUESTION: Thanks for your reply. Here are some pictures of our stairwell. Hope this helps clarify.  Thanks again.
Link to bed headboard..

Hello Garrick,

Thank you for sending the great pictures and the link to the headboard. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. There just isn't enough space to even start the turn. That is a very nice bed by the way. Is there any other way up to that bedroom? Is there a balcony where it could be hoisted up?

I am sorry for the bad news. It makes the New Year have a lousy beginning.

Let me know if you have any further info

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky

Moving your furniture. I would like to answer all questions dealing with the proper techniques of how to move ANY type of furniture, including difficult doorways and stairways. Also, all questions dealing with the proper packing of breakables including antiques. All general questions concerning the moving and storage industry will be answered. I cannot recommend a particular mover in a person`s neighborhood but i can explain how to obtain a company in good standing with the community. I have been in the moving and storage industry for almost four decades! I am located in Massachusetts.

I have almost four decades of experience in the moving & storage industry. When I was a small boy my father introduced me into the moving business and I have been hooked ever since. At first I started out as a young laborer untill I was old enough to drive a furniture van. As time went on I drove 18-wheelers around the country moving small shipments as well as large corporate relocations. I was taught the old school methods by men that were craftsman in their field. I learned how to pack the most delicate of breakables as well as museum pieces. It was common practice to do estimates and even the actual ratings on interstate jobs. Doing commercial moves were a big part of my moving career over the years. Some of the big names that I delt with were "GE","MICROSOFT","FIDELITY INVESTMENTS" AND "AMERICAN EXPRESS". As the years went by my family retired and sold the business (not my choice). I went on to establish my own moving company which ran for 12 years before I phased out the physical moving itself. Today I have developed a consulting service where I advise future furniture buyers as well as people moving for the first time on what to expect from their upcoming adventure. Furniture buyers are advised on what size furniture will fit through their narrow doorways and tight hallways. By choosing furniture with the right dimensions will narrow down the probability of the furniture being returned back to the store. That is not a scenario people want after waiting 8-12 weeks for their new furniture. I can also help people to understand the proper procedures of a first time move in their lives. I tell them what is to be expected,how they can save money,how to choose a good mover and what is involved with getting the packing done.

I have a FACEBOOK page for PRE-MOVE STRATEGIES. Please become a fan! I would like to have all people that I have helped to leave their comments on the FACEBOOK page.

I have a high school diploma from Swampscott High School............Swampscott, MA. Immediately after high school I entered the family business where I stayed for 20 years before moving on to my own business endeavors.