Moving Furniture/narrow doorway - couch

Question
Hi Harry,

I have a very narrow doorway - it's a sliding glass door that opens to about 23.5 inches. If I took the door off the tracks I could get up to 26.6 inches. It is a straight shot through the door, with no bends to consider.

I am hoping to get a real couch through the doorway (NOT a futon!). This one looks promising because of the low profile sides. http://www.sofasogood.ca/Sofas-Vancouver/Barton . As you can see, it measures 73"L x 34"D x 35"H.  I am assuming the legs can be removed.

Do you think there is a chance it will fit if the legs will come off this couch? If not, do you know of an example type of couch that would fit? I cannot find anything other than foldable couches such as futons, which are out of the question.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

Answer
Hello Dawn,

Thanks for sending me the link to the sofa. If the legs are removable (especially the rear ones) and you are sure the door can be removed and give you the 26.6" opening, this sofa can be maneuvered through. However, the description does say this = "All measurements are approximate + or - 2".

That could be a problem if the height measurement is higher than quoted.

I am also including a couple of web sites for "READY TO ASSEMBLE" sofas. These are very good quality and are made for the smallest doorways. It will also give you variety.

http://www.homereserve.com/index.cfm

http://www.simplicitysofas.com/3-seat-full-size-sofas/

Let me know if I can help you further......"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Harry  

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky