Moving Furniture/Sofa through front door

Hi there

Above is a link to the sofa we are considering providing it fits through the front door.

The door is 70cm wide or (27.52).

98cm or 38.58" - Height
170cm or 66.93" - Width
130cm or 51.18" - Depth
129cm or 50.79" - Internal Width
38cm or 14.96" - Seat Height
96cm or 37.8" - Seat Depth
78cm or 30.71" - Arm Height

Provided dimenstion is both cm or inches.

Hope you can help.

Hello Ronnie,

I can't tell from the height measurements if they are measured to the top of the cushions or to the top of the arm. The 98 cm in itself is much too high for that doorway. The 78 cm arm height is also much too high to perform any major angling. To even have a chance, the arm height MUST BE LOWER than 70 cm! You would need to see if the legs are removable and if so, will they lower the arm height LOWER than 70 cm.

Without getting that height below the 70 cm............I don't see much of a chance for this getting through.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have anything else to add.

Keep me posted..............Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky

Moving your furniture. I would like to answer all questions dealing with the proper techniques of how to move ANY type of furniture, including difficult doorways and stairways. Also, all questions dealing with the proper packing of breakables including antiques. All general questions concerning the moving and storage industry will be answered. I cannot recommend a particular mover in a person`s neighborhood but i can explain how to obtain a company in good standing with the community. I have been in the moving and storage industry for almost four decades! I am located in Massachusetts.

I have almost four decades of experience in the moving & storage industry. When I was a small boy my father introduced me into the moving business and I have been hooked ever since. At first I started out as a young laborer untill I was old enough to drive a furniture van. As time went on I drove 18-wheelers around the country moving small shipments as well as large corporate relocations. I was taught the old school methods by men that were craftsman in their field. I learned how to pack the most delicate of breakables as well as museum pieces. It was common practice to do estimates and even the actual ratings on interstate jobs. Doing commercial moves were a big part of my moving career over the years. Some of the big names that I delt with were "GE","MICROSOFT","FIDELITY INVESTMENTS" AND "AMERICAN EXPRESS". As the years went by my family retired and sold the business (not my choice). I went on to establish my own moving company which ran for 12 years before I phased out the physical moving itself. Today I have developed a consulting service where I advise future furniture buyers as well as people moving for the first time on what to expect from their upcoming adventure. Furniture buyers are advised on what size furniture will fit through their narrow doorways and tight hallways. By choosing furniture with the right dimensions will narrow down the probability of the furniture being returned back to the store. That is not a scenario people want after waiting 8-12 weeks for their new furniture. I can also help people to understand the proper procedures of a first time move in their lives. I tell them what is to be expected,how they can save money,how to choose a good mover and what is involved with getting the packing done.

I have a FACEBOOK page for PRE-MOVE STRATEGIES. Please become a fan! I would like to have all people that I have helped to leave their comments on the FACEBOOK page.

I have a high school diploma from Swampscott High School............Swampscott, MA. Immediately after high school I entered the family business where I stayed for 20 years before moving on to my own business endeavors.