Moving Furniture/Will sofa fit through my door frame?

Question
Hi Harry,
We are ordering a new sofa, and I'm worried that it won't fit into the house.
The sofa dimensions are H36'' x W82'' x D37'' & the chair H36'' x W49'' x D37''.
The door opening is H78'' x W30''.
Many thanks

Answer
Hello Vicky,

Thanks for the measurements in inches. It all depends on the style of the sofa. If it is a "standard" style where the back is higher than the arms, it has a chance but the height should be lowered. Are there rear legs that can be removed? Are there detachable back cushions that will bring the height down? I would like to see the back height at 34" or lower. The same questions go for the chair too. If you can send me a link to the pieces I can get a better idea.

If it is the type of sofa where the back and arms are the same height..........IT WILL NOT FIT THROUGH unless the height can be lowered to BELOW 30". If you can get the height lowered to below 34" on the "standard" sofa and chair...........you should be ok.

Let me know if you have any further info. Also, I am basing my answer on a straight shot into the house.

Keep me posted,

Harry  

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky