Moving Furniture/sofa issues

Question
QUESTION: Hi Harry,

I have two other options:

1. sofa is 88W X 38D X 39H and has a detached back/roll arms
2. sofa is 94W X 36D X 37 H

The doorway is 32" x 80" and the ceiling height is about 8 ft.

Please help!

ANSWER: Hi S,

The sofa #1 is to high at 39" to get through the 32" doorway unless you can get the height LOWERED TO AT LEAST 35". If this sofa needs to be stood on end the ceiling height will need to be at least 94".

Sofa #2 is still pretty snug at 37" but is doable. Most likely this sofa can still be lowered an inch or two..................depending on style. If this sofa needs to be stood on end, the ceiling height will need to be 100".

If you have pictures or links on these sofas, you can send them along. I don't know if you have a straight shot in for the sofa or if it needs to be stood on end. If its a straight shot in, then getting the height lowered is the key.

Keep me posted,

Harry

Sofa1
Sofa1  

Sofa2
Sofa2  
QUESTION: Thanks Harry. An error for sofa #1 - it has an attached pillow back. Unfortunately either sofas will have to go through an elevator and hallway with a ceiling height of max 96". Attached are the pics of both. I appreciate your help.

Answer
Hi S,

Thanks for sending the sofa pictures. The 96" ceiling height is going to affect the length of any sofa you want. Sofa length should be kept at 90" or LESS so that it can be stood on end. The picture of the #2 sofa seems to show a short sofa back but I can't tell and unfortunately the length is too long to stand on end. Sofa #1 has a chance if you can get the back height lowered about 4" or so.

Keep me posted,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky