Moving Furniture/Very large couch, normal sized door... I'm a bit worried

Question
QUESTION: Hi Harry,

Wondering if you can help. I'm wanting to buy a 3 seat sofa, and It is a lot larger than our door, and I'm hoping to see if you think we can get it in the room?
The couch: http://www.freedom.com.au/furniture/sofas/leather-sofas/23112247/hermitage-3-sea

is 242 x 98 x 81cm,
converted to inches: 95.3" x 37.4" x 31.9"
w x h x d.

Our door is 30" wide and 76.7" high. Our ceiling is probably 50" higher than the top of the door.

Is it possible to get it in the room?

Kind regards,
Ni

ANSWER: Hello Nila,

Thank you for converting the measurements to inches. If the 37.4" is the height of the sofa, it is going to be very tight to maneuver it through. It it is possible to flip it upside down and angle it through in that position. It will still be tight but would be a possibility if the delivery people are experienced. If the height is 31.9", it would be able to be angled through without any major difficulty. If the rear legs are removable it would be a big plus and make things a lot easier. I am basing my answer on a straight shot through with no major obstacles.

All in all, it is possible but could be pretty tight. I would like to see the height lowered AT LEAST 4" to make the angling manageable. If the "rear" legs could be removed and the top of the back cushions be compressed it would make a huge difference.

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any further info.

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Harry

QUESTION: Hi Harry,

The 37.4" is the hight of the sofa. I re-measured the width of the door, and it is actually 31.1" I think that the rear legs can be removed, however it is quite a solid couch and an unsure if the cushions can be compressed that much. I will check with the furniture company.

Thank you for all your help, and Happy New Year to you too!

Answer
Hello Nila,

Thanks for clearing the height question up for me. You would really need to lower that height measurement to allow for angling. If the "rear" legs are removable and if they are several inches............it would work.

Keep me posted,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky