Moving Furniture/Large sofa... small door!

Hello there, I am looking at buying a suite but, usual problem!!!!

The doorway is 169x 70cm. (but could be made taller, my hubby would not bump his head then!)

Largest sofa currently squeezed in is h:80cm / d:92cm / L;215cm

New dream sofa is: h:95cm / d:105cm / L:216cm or 190cm

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi Susan
OK , I have some questions for you. First lets start with the new suite. 1) Are there any turns to get to this door.2) What floor is the suite on. After you get in are there any turns after the door,is there a wall facing you after the door. The height of the ceiling is it higher than the new sofa.Are there any other doors that the sofa will have to go through?
Now for the sofa
1) Are the cushions attached or can they be removed. The legs can they be taken off. Normally there screwed on.WHAT IS THE HEIGHT OF THE ARMS? ( very important)Last , Is this a sofabed?
Now , If the legs come off that will give you more room to play with. The only way this can go in is if the arm height is lower than the door width. This is not a easy delivery which means you really need to get someone who knows how to deliver NOT thinks he can deliver. To many damages that way. Now I looked up a company thats just like me. We disassemble and reassemble furniture no matter what it is. There Website is . I don't know what the chge is there but its around 200.00 to 250.00 here.It doesn't hurt the sofa and I'm pretty sure they guarantee there work. Hope this helps. Happy New Year

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few