Moving Furniture/Moving a couch

Question
OK. I want to buy a sofa bed but I'm not sure I can fit it into the basement and it is final sale at a clearance outlet.  Eek.  The sofa is 82"x 31" (legs removed)x 34" deep. The door way is 32"x 81". It goes into a stairwell that is 38" wide. Additionally the distance between the door opening and the wall in the hallway is 40".  What do you think?
Thanks

Answer
Hello Jodi,

You should be ok. The sofa's height measurement is perfect for that door width. It will be an inch higher than the doorway but that is ok. It will need to be slanted back to the wall and pulled through the doorway from the bottom. I am assuming that the stairway is straight down with room at the bottom to maneuver. If you change your mind, don't get a sofa any longer than 82".

Let me know if I can help you further,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky