Moving Furniture/Moving heavy sofas

We have two very heavy Lazy Boy reclining sofas which are almost impossible for one person to move (to aid cleaning underneath). We thought to get some of those easy movers but can see no way of attaching these to the mechanical frame for the recliners. Please help if possible!!

Hello Alice,

Easy mover sliders don't actually "attach" to anything. They are just placed under the contact points. Be sure that the ones you purchase are made for either wood floors or carpet. Under the sofa there are small contact points that protrude from the frame bottom. Sometimes they even have screw ends that are used for levelers. This is where the sliders should be placed. Don't get the real small ones, they should be a little bigger than the part of the frame that will be using them. If after looking all over the base and not seeing anything like I described, you will need the frame itself. You will need enough sliders to go in each corner of the frame as well as 2-3 along the front as well as the back. You will need help to tip the front up so a person can place them and do the same at the back of the sofa. You can buy two-sided tape to hold the sliders in place as you do all this.

Let me know if you need me to clarify. I will be online tonight (my time).
Keep me posted,

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky

Moving your furniture. I would like to answer all questions dealing with the proper techniques of how to move ANY type of furniture, including difficult doorways and stairways. Also, all questions dealing with the proper packing of breakables including antiques. All general questions concerning the moving and storage industry will be answered. I cannot recommend a particular mover in a person`s neighborhood but i can explain how to obtain a company in good standing with the community. I have been in the moving and storage industry for almost four decades! I am located in Massachusetts.

I have almost four decades of experience in the moving & storage industry. When I was a small boy my father introduced me into the moving business and I have been hooked ever since. At first I started out as a young laborer untill I was old enough to drive a furniture van. As time went on I drove 18-wheelers around the country moving small shipments as well as large corporate relocations. I was taught the old school methods by men that were craftsman in their field. I learned how to pack the most delicate of breakables as well as museum pieces. It was common practice to do estimates and even the actual ratings on interstate jobs. Doing commercial moves were a big part of my moving career over the years. Some of the big names that I delt with were "GE","MICROSOFT","FIDELITY INVESTMENTS" AND "AMERICAN EXPRESS". As the years went by my family retired and sold the business (not my choice). I went on to establish my own moving company which ran for 12 years before I phased out the physical moving itself. Today I have developed a consulting service where I advise future furniture buyers as well as people moving for the first time on what to expect from their upcoming adventure. Furniture buyers are advised on what size furniture will fit through their narrow doorways and tight hallways. By choosing furniture with the right dimensions will narrow down the probability of the furniture being returned back to the store. That is not a scenario people want after waiting 8-12 weeks for their new furniture. I can also help people to understand the proper procedures of a first time move in their lives. I tell them what is to be expected,how they can save money,how to choose a good mover and what is involved with getting the packing done.

I have a FACEBOOK page for PRE-MOVE STRATEGIES. Please become a fan! I would like to have all people that I have helped to leave their comments on the FACEBOOK page.

I have a high school diploma from Swampscott High School............Swampscott, MA. Immediately after high school I entered the family business where I stayed for 20 years before moving on to my own business endeavors.