Moving Furniture/Sectional Wedge through Small Door

Question
I'm wondering if the wedge to a sectional will fit down the stairs to my basement.

The wedge dimensions are W-67.0"  D-40.0"  H-41.0" . The back cushions are not "loose" and therefore cannot be removed.

The stairwell 33'' wide and the height is approximately 4 feet high (thanks to a low curved ceiling going down the stairs).

Here is a link to the sofa http://www.furniturecart.com/pivot-point-truffle-modular-sectional-10800-pm-sect

If it won't fit, do you know if there are any companies out there that specialize in taking apart furniture and reassembling it?

Thanks so much!

Amanda

Answer
Hello Amanda,

You are going to have to compress the cushion top about 5"-6" in order to get it down. It will be tight and you didn't say what the width of the doorway was. I am assuming the door is 30"-31" wide so you have to get the back height lowered to 34"35" if possible. If it has legs, it could give you another inch.

Here is links to sofa disassembly services:..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJDUMtKAM4

http://www.furnitureservices.com/

http://sofadisassembly.com/sofa-disassembly-services/maryland/

David Stiverson Upholstery in Centreville, VA, as an expert in sofa "disassembly" (703.266.8100)

Let me know if I can help you further.

Thanks,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky