Moving Furniture/Will This Sofa Fit ?

Question
Firstly, how wonderful that you volunteer to help people solve their furniture problems and queries - thank you.   My question is about a sofa we want to buy (link below) and whether we will fit it through our door.  We live in a top floor apartment accessed by external stairs.  The front door opens into a 4 foot narrow corridor and with the door open the dimensions of the opening are 27 inches wide and 76 inches high. Here is the sofa and thank you in advance for any help/advice you can give us.  http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/sale/123845370_amelia_regul

Answer
Hello Sharon,

Thanks for including the link to the sofa. From what I can tell from the description, the "packaged" height is lower than the unpackaged sofa. This means that the legs are detachable. Without the legs on, the height will be 80 cm or a bit lower. This will make it doable to get through a 27" doorway but it will be a bit snug depending on the "actual" height without legs.

All in all you should be ok with the deliver.

Keep me posted,

Harry

Moving Furniture

Harry Lipsky