Moving Furniture/Getting my love seat throught the door

Question
QUESTION: My loves seats dimensions are 40"w x 68"D x 39" H. My door to my living room is only 30" wide. Will this couch be able to get in? I have moved from Vancouver, BC to Boston and have shipped this couch with my other belongings all the way from there.

ANSWER: Hi Jasbir
Ok so what we need to know are a couple of things, first, is the sofa going up any stairs , any sharp turns to the room? Can the legs come off? Can the door come off the hinges? Are the arm height lower than the height in the back If so then you can stand the sofa on one arm and rotate the sofa through the door. If the movers are doing it they should have no problem. If they do here is my e-mail address I'am located in Boston and specialize in Furniture not fitting so call me if you have a problem . sofamanservices@yahoo.com . Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. To answer your questions.

The sofa is going up 4 flight of stairs that are very wide so that should not be a problem. There are no sharp turns. The main door to the apt is really wide. The door to the living is smaller (30"). There is no door attached. I dont know if the legs can come off. Here is the link to the sofa
http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=8015B-L&navAction=j

Yes the arm height is lower than the back. A professional moving company is helping me move. If they are not able to get it through the door i will surely email you.

Best regards,

Jasbir

Answer
Hi Jasbir
For the future the legs on the sofa do come off and the true height once those fluffy pillows are pressed down should be somewhere in the 30-32 inches range. Just tell the guys to stand it on one arm once there on your floor take the legs off and rotate the LS through . You should be fine. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer