Moving Furniture/will my new couch fit through my door

Question
QUESTION: I just bought a couch yesterday. dimensions are 93W X 38D x 40H (all in inches). The doorway is 34.5 inches wide and 76 inches tall. Will the couch fit?

They also have a smaller loveseat that is the same D and H, but only 70W. So at least they would be able to stand it up on its side and manuever it if needed.

Thanks!

ANSWER: Hi Adam
Need to find out if the legs come off and if the height is measured to the end of the cushion or the end of the wood. Also the arms need to be lower than the height of the back of the sofa for it to be maneuvered through the door. Make sure there's room before and after entry so you can maneuver. See if the door can come off the hinges for xtra room. Besides that if your really Iffy on weather it will fit remember you live there you have the best view. Go with your gut. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: The legs do come off, and the arms are lower then the back. Our screen door can come off if needed. I also went back to the store yesterday and showed a salesperson my door measurements along with the couch measurements. He said it will fit, but aren't they all supposed to say it will fit anyways? Hm...

Answer
Hi Adam
Usually yes but I don't know how big these legs are. Or what the true height is. 34 inch door is usually a nice size door,not the biggest but not the smallest. So without a pic I can only take a good guess that the true height is somewhere in the 32-34 inch range . And yes it should fit. If you can get me the name or model number so I can look online at it and tell you better. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer