Moving Furniture/Sleeper chair thru door opening

QUESTION: My sleeper chair measures 51"wide x 35" deep x 31" high(back). The arms are 24 1/2" high. My door opening is 29 1/2" wide x 80" high.  Will this fit thru my door?  thanks!

ANSWER: Hi Joanne
Yes indeed it will fit. Stand on one arm and bring the back in first and rotate. Peace Love and Happiness. O is there a narrow hallway before or after the entry. If so that might hinder delivery into entry.

QUESTION: There is a hallway before entry into the room, but it is approx. 33-34" wide. Also, as you enter into the bedroom, there is a short wall approx. 26" in length. Could I place the chair on its back and tip forward,entering thru the doorway arm first?  Thanks for all your help!

Hi Joanne
Ok First take the legs off the chair. They should come off. Is the bedroom to the right or left of the hallway or is it right in front of you? I'm sorry Joanne I'm not understanding or actually picturing what your trying to explain to me. If you laid the chair on its back I'm not sure what that would do/ A picture or a map to the bedroom could help. But I think your ok. I know the chair beds are heavy but the best way to walk the chair through the hallway is by standing it on one arm and walking it through the hallway with the top of the back leading the way to the entry. Make sure the chair seat part when going through the hallway is facing the entry way. Peace Love and Happiness. You can try to bring the arms in first it will actually depend on where the bedroom is to the hallway.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few