Moving Furniture/27

My brain is malting after ordering some furniture and trying to figure out if it will fit through the small door frames of the rooms on the second floor. I called the salesman and he wasn't much help, saying that he measured 2 of the couches at 33" and 36" inches tall. When I explained that I'd imagine that furniture could be angled and that height wouldn't necessarily be the only factor, he said he had experience moving and they were too tall. I am not convinced since his expertise has been suspect in other others. I was told that I could return furniture if it doesn't fit, but there is a $175 delivery fee, which is non-refundable.

Any feedback is appreciated!

If you can I need to see the sofa. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you go through the process. First How wide are the doors this will be going through? Are there any sharp turns? Will it be going up stairwell or elevator? Are the ceilings low? Yes a sofa that's got a height wider than the door can sometimes make it through. The sofa arms have to be lower than the height of the sofa there has to be room on either side of the entry so you can maneuver the sofa. and the ceiling has to be 18 inches higher than the length of the sofa. The reason for this is because when you try to stand the sofa up at a certain point the angle makes the sofa that much larger. Think of a tv from top to bottom its 10inches but from top corner to the opposite bottom corner is longer. Same idea.
Fred also depending on where you live there are people like me who disassemble furniture to get it where you want. If you would like I can give there websites
Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: I appreciate your taking the time to answer. The ceilings are 9', so I have that going for me. I don't have photos of the couches, but the arms are a bit lower than the back. I don't think that this furniture can be disassembled.

Hi Fred
The name of the sofa where you bought it, model number something I can find it online I'm sure. Its the only way I can really tell you. And yes we take apart any sofa. Its not fun to watch but when its done you would never know. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few