Moving Furniture/Will my couch fit

Question
We're agonising about whether a new couch will go into our loft living room.  The couch is 195cm(L) x 81cm(D) x 80cm(H), and the seat is 46cm off the ground, 171cm long and 61cm deep.  The arms are lower than the back.

Our stairwell is plenty wide (85cm), but the sharp angle at the top is the problem since the door into the lounge is directly on the left of the micro landing (85cm x 95cm) after the stairs.  That doorway is 70cm x 192cm.

What do you think?  Risky?

thanks in advance!

Alan

Answer
Hi Allen
Alright so you talk about a stairwell ? How do we get to the stairwell first ? Is there a first door into the building then you walk up the stairs and to the left of you is a door to your apartment is this correct so far. If so that micro landing has to be wide enough for the sofa to turn , so it needs to be wider than 52 inches ( sorry old school) BUT this is only from your math less than an inch difference in the length of the sofa and the height of the doorway. I'm sorry my good man without a pic of the sofa and a diagram of the entry way, I'll have to say your taking a chance. Get me some visuals it helps. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer