Moving Furniture/Will my couch fit through door

QUESTION: Dear Paul,

I want to buy a 88"w x 36d x 35h (with legs) and my door is 36" x 80". The couch will need to make a slight right turn in order to get through door.

What do you think, will this fit?

Thank you,

Can you please tell me what a slight right turn means? If your telling me that when you open the front door immediately in front of you is a wall and the door to your room is to the right? If so the answer would be a no. The door to the wall needs to be at least 52 inches from the door for it to be stood up but then you would have to turn the sofa so you can get it in that next door and that hallway needs to be wide,
Please understand you gave me one sentence to make a judgment call if you can, a pic of the sofa and maybe a little diagram if I got it wrong.Peace Love and Happiness

Thank you for your quick response. I live in a walk up, so this will be taken straight up the stairs (pretty wide) and there is a door that opens into a hallway of my condo building. So the couch will have to turn to the right to get through the door and into the hallway. My couch is 35" high, including the approx. 3" legs and they are removable.

Thank you!

Hi Amy
OK so lets try this again. WITHOUT legs the height is 32 correct not 35 correct. The width of the hallway is what? Wide is not enough for me to make an assumption about your furniture. Need measurements. How high is the ceiling ? When you get to the top of the stairs you say you make a turn How high is your ceiling there. The turn is it just like in a hallway where you just have to make a turn or is there a door you have to go through. You have to try to paint a picture for me to help you. You have to measure each door you go through. And if there is a wall in front of you after any of the doors don't bother it won't fit.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few