Moving Furniture/Urgent!!! will sofa fit through my door?

QUESTION: Hello Paul,

I need urgent help, I have bidded, and won,a sofa on ebay, will nervous to complete payment transaction in case it doesn't fit through my doorway.

My door measures 71cm wide and 193cm high, sofa meaures 71cm high, 216cm wide and 92cm deep, will it fit through?

Hope you can help me.

Thank you kindly in advance

ANSWER: Hi Patsy
The legs can they come off? Can the door come off the hinges? Is the arm height lower than the back height? Is this going straight through or are there any sharp turns. Answer these questions and get back to me. Also will you be the one to deliver or are having pro's bring it to you. I think you have a shot with the pro's. Nothing against you its just they know how to maneuver big items. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Good evening Paul,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so swiftly, wonderful!

The measurement for the sofa is with the legs off and yes, the arm height is lower than the back height.  Yes, it is going straight through, no sharp turns.  

They are not pros delivering, just some blokes helping me out, but they are quite able, thank god!

Must say, this is a fantastic site, simply biffing!

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Hi Patsy
OK so now I need to know if the ceiling on either side of the door will be high enough to stand the sofa up on one arm. The ceiling needs to be at least 20 inches higher than the length of the sofa reason cause when you start standing the sofa up angle to angle is longer than the length of the sofa. So If that's ok you'll need to stand the sofa with the arms facing the entry. Grab the arm on the floor and start bringing in the arm while slanting the sofa (very little ) Once the arm is halfway in start to rotate once the whole arm has cleared the entry lower the opposite end while picking up the end that's in the room and repeat steps Good Luck Patsy. Peace Love and Happiness
P.S. See if the door can come off the hinges will make it easier.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few