Moving Furniture/Will couch fit through doorway

QUESTION: We are thinking about getting a couch 84 inches wide 40 inches deep and 39 inches high. Are doorway is 35 inches wide and 79 inches high. The legs are not removable on the couch. Do you think the couch will fit?

ANSWER: Hi Matthew
Any chance I can see the sofa or the link to where you saw this sofa? Positive about the height and the legs being non removable? What about the arms are the arms lower than the back height? Without seeing it I'll have to say no. It will not fit. But you do have alternatives.
There are people like me in your area that disassemble furniture, give them a call for a quote. All Furniture services or Dr Sofa to name a few. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: The couch we are interested in is the Leather Italia James Collection Tobacco Sofa (You will see a link to furniture cart and can view the couch). The cushions are not removable, but can be depressed. The legs are not removable.

Thank You,

Matthew Slocum

Hi Mr. Slocum
So the legs don't come off and the height with the cushion down would be bring the height to 36
inches. Still a tough call. Slim chance but if there are no stairs , no sharp turns , and its going straight into a wide open area. You can stand the sofa on one arm facing the door . The bottom arm would go in first while leaning the top the opposite way. Once half the arm has cleared the entry you would start to maneuver the sofa. Because the delivery men are responsible for your home when delivering they will ask you to sign a waiver if they feel this will be a tight fit. (This will be considered a tight fit) If you sign that they will no longer be responsible for any of the damages. To the sofa or your home. Good Luck
Still consider the disassembly service.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few