Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit through the door?

Hi Paul,  I have purchased the "Cagney" sofa (Havertys) and am hoping you will tell me if we can fit it through our door.  Our door, inside the frame is 34".  We can take the door off hinges if needed.  The sofa is 92" long, 39" high and 42" deep.  The legs will come off taking the height down to 34".  

Outside our house there is a short flight of stairs, stopping on a landing, where you make a right turn, to face the door.  Inside the door, it is wide open on the left side, but there is a wall on the immediate right of the door.

Will the movers be able to get it into our home?

Hi Charlene
Ok this is wood to wood. So yes you'll need to take the door off the hinges and be careful of any other obstruction as your going through. Now you said inside frame is 34 is there a screen door before the entry? Because its exactly the same measurement as the sofa height this sofa will need to stand up outside before entry with the arms facing the door ( Need to make sure the landing is large enough for the sofa to turn ) Sofa will need to stand straight up while the person inside grabs the lower arm and starts to bring it in. Once halfway he'll need to start to rotate until the arm clears once done should be fine. This will be tough and close to the leather . Might want to put a blanket between as it goes through. Something thin . Make sure the guys take the cushions out before attempt. Just easier and makes it lighter for them to do the job correctly without damages. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few