Moving Furniture/Will a glider fit in my nursery?

Question
Hi Paul,

I'm hoping you can help me figure out if I can fit an upholstered glider through the door of my nursery.  The dimensions of the chair are 32W x 34D x 37T.  The gliding mechanism cannot be removed from the bottom.  The smallest part of the door jam into the nursery is 30" wide.  But just inside the door a small hallway entrance expands to about 37" wide.  The problem is that small hallway portion of the room entrance is created by the nursery closet on one side and the furnace closet on the other and extends about 3 1/2 feet into the room before opening up.  So we won't be able to turn the chair around the corner of the door opening.  Any advice or insight you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Brooke

Answer
Hi Brooke
Have you ever played Tetris. First off who will be delivering the chair to the nursery. Pro's or joe's? Is this a rocker or a swivel or is it a reclining glider. Are the arms lower than the back? Can the door come off the hinges?
If your staring at the chair you will need to lean it onto either right or left side. Once there pick it up one person grabs the top portion while the other person grabs the legs. The person thats holding the top goes through the door first. Think of it like an L-shape Its all about the angle. Once the top is in you should have no problem. Patience is a virtue and be careful. you'll find yourself playing a real game of operation.
Brooke we are located in Massachusetts I'm not sure where your located but we would be happy to help. sofamankd.com. Really hope this helps.Congrats on the baby.
Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer