Moving Furniture/Moving Couch

Question

I'm trying to figure out if I can get my old couch into my basement.  The couch dimensions are 85w x 36h x 37d.  The back is higher than the arms.

Now the tricky part.  The staircase is straight but narrow at 34w and the door is only 30w x 79h, door removed.

There is only a 2ft 'landing' from the last stair to the door and just enough room (87in) to fit the full lenth of the couch -from the door to the far wall.

Any chance at all I can make this work?

Thanks!
Pam

Answer
Hi Pam
I'm sorry but the measurements and obstacles are not in your favor. Even if you were able to take the legs off it won't help much.Not enough room to maneuver the sofa after doorway.and besides the hallway is smaller than the sofa. I see shoving a square peg in a round hole, don't do it. Here's a site. They do what I do. We disassemble furniture thats unable to get through tight places. It will look exactly the way it started.The prices I'm not sure there but here it can range from $200.00 - $375.00
www.drsofa.ca
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer