Moving Furniture/Will this Sofa make it from front door to 3rd floor condo?

Carmel Sofa-Chaise
Carmel Sofa-Chaise  

Thank you for taking your time to answer this question for me. We are interested in buying  sofa with an add-a-chaise but need to know if it will fit through the hallways, elevator, and doorways. I have attached a photo of sofa. Please keep in mind that the chaise part is a separate ottoman.

Sofa Dimensions: 92" W x 40" D x 38" H (this will be lower as the back cushions come off and the back of the sofa sit slightly above the midpiont of the back cushions)

Elevator Door: 42" W x 82" H

Elevator Interior: 80" W x 52" L x ? H

Hallway: 52" W

Home Entry Door: 35" W x 77" H

I would  greatly appreciate any help I can get regarding this!

ANSWER: Hey Daren
What is the height in the elevator? If its higher than 107inches your good to go. Make sure the legs are taken off also before you start the delivery. You also didn't give me the hallway measurements. The hallway needs to be at least 48inches wide if you need to make a turn to your entry. Daren think of a rectangle, from top to bottom the rectangle measures 10inches but if you measure that rectangle from one corner to the opposite corner you'll find it to be about 8inches longer. Same with a sofa. When ever you angle the sofa your actually making it longer so make sure the height of the elevator is high enough to stand up. Other than that your good to go. Good Luck Daren
Peace Love and Happiness

The Hallway is 52" Wide. So it appears the only issue would be elevator height. Does it have to be higher  I am unsure if the legs come off and what the height of the elevator is. I have requested this information from the sources. I will provide this information when I get it.

Thanks again!

Hey Daren
I'm gonna go out on a limb here  Daren those legs come off and that sofa will fit. After looking again at the width measurements of the elevator you will be able to fit the sofa in the elevator bring it through depth wise.(as if your sitting on the sofa). Will give you less room needed for the top and the fact its 4ft long inside elevator should give you enough room to have it sit on one arm for the ride. Just tell me if the elevator height is over 97inches.
Thats all you need. Also take all the cushions off before it gets in that elevator. The least amount of bulk the better.
Get back to me.  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few